Freedom, friends and endless adventures!
Your possibilities are wide open at John Knox Village. Go-and-do or kick back and relax as you wish. Meet with a wellness coach, take a yoga class, work out at the Fitness Studio or schedule a massage. Stroll or bike through neighborly neighborhoods. Explore clubs and groups. Get artsy in wood, paint or stained glass. Stretch your mind with fellow knowledge seekers. Whatever you desire!
Golf, beaches, fishing and water sports are nearby and great for enticing grandkids to visit. You’ll find group outings for culture, the arts and volunteering—and welcoming card games, cocktail hours and community doings here at home. For dinner, cook, order in, entertain or dine lakeside. At night, spectacular tropical skies sparkle with stars and the promise of a new day tomorrow to take your possibilities out to play!
The resort art of dining
There’s a deliciously high expectation for cuisine at a great resort. Well, that’s precisely what our talented chefs delight in creating for your dining pleasure every day. Even the most haute healthy menus feature tastes as tempting as your favorite “guilty pleasures.” From fun, casual fare to elegant classics, our chefs make the most of Florida’s fresh, locally sourced ingredients and global culinary influences to satisfy the most enthusiastic foodie.
An Ageless Lifestyle
Our Lifestyle Program professionals make it easy to explore and implement the latest principles of ageless whole-person well-being. These principles embrace the concepts of a body that is understood and well cared for, a mind that is nourished and exercised and a spirit that is joyfully connected to positive living. As members of the International Council on Active Aging, John Knox Village is privy to the newest wellness practices and findings to incorporate into our programming. Your day-to-day health is also a priority, and we have professionals and services in place for your 24-hour well-being.
Wellness and Health services
- Wellness professionals to assist you in forming a customized plan for living your best life now and into the future
- Health fairs, screenings, informational interactive presentations
- 24-hour wellness nurses respond in emergency situations to assess needs and next steps
- Professional Center—convenient medical services and pharmacy
- Registered dietitian and nutritionist on staff
- On-site rehab, assisted living, skilled care and memory care
Social, fitness and recreational amenities
- Full-time programs and partnerships staff—full monthly calendar of exciting social events, club and group meetings, wide variety of outings and more
- Heated swimming pool with Jacuzzi®, water aerobic classes
- Fitness Studio with full-time professionals including personal trainers and class instructors
- Woodworking shop, stained glass and painting studio
- Putting green, walking trails
- Award-winning, resident-attended rose garden
- Card, billiards, crafts and party rooms across the campus
- Eight libraries, computer clubs and training classes
- 250-seat auditorium
- Spiritual life leader—weekly ecumenical services and resident fellowship groups
- Discounted golf fees at four championship country clubs—TPC Eagle Trace, Heron Bay Golf Club, Palm Aire Country Club and Woodlands Country Club
- Membership at the Marriott Pompano Beach Resort and Spa
- Transportation available around campus, for scheduled outings and for personal needs
- On-site bank branch and notary services
- Convenience store and resident-run curiosities shop for charity
- Beauty salon, spa and barbershop
Security and Emergencies
- Gated community with security 24/7
- Emergency alert cords, daily check-in systems and smoke detectors in residences
- Emergency response team, trained and maintained by John Knox Village—no resident will ever face another hurricane or other potential disaster alone