Heritage Tower resident Bev Cardinal received her first Pfizer vaccination in January.
The many proactive preventive protocols John Knox Village has put into place during this long duration of the COVID-19 pandemic have kept its nearly 1,000 residents and 800-plus staff safe and created a 70-acre “Cold Zone,” amid a COVID-Hot Broward County.
In August, the Village mandated all new hires provide proof of being fully vaccinated, and on Oct. 1st all JKV employees were required to have at least a first dose of the vaccine and provide proof upon receiving their second shot.
During an October Resident Executive Senate meeting, Chief Operating Officer Bill Pickhardt reported that less than seven percent of the entire JKV workforce was lost due to the vaccination mandate.
“The average staff loss in companies which initiated vaccine mandates has been 10 to 12 percent,” Pickhardt told the Committee. “JKV protocols are working.”
In December 2020, JKV was the first life-plan retirement community, in the state of Florida to receive vaccinations. In the subsequent months, JKV has held numerous on-campus vaccination clinics and provided on-campus testing for all its residents and staff.
Last month, the Village held two successful, convenient on-campus booster vaccination shot clinics. See the sidebar box for additional preventive measures the Village has taken.
These measures, and overall interest in JKV from the greater community has created a palpable buzz from those interested in moving into the Village now, or in the near future.
Interest in Westlake, JKV’s newest, soon-to-be-under-construction, neighborhood has kept the Sales Team plenty busy with terrific results. The Team had a Village goal of bringing in 105 10-percent deposits for Westlake apartments by the end of the year.
They smashed that pre-sales’ goal by mid-October. “Through strategic marketing efforts in The Gazette and elsewhere, we have been successfully telling our great story,” Sales Director Kim Ali told The Gazette. “Our story is not just about how safe we have all been during the pandemic, but how our Life Enrichment programming has kept our residents engaged: Mind, body and soul. The opening of our beautiful Aquatic Complex, with its two pools, Pickleball and bocce ball courts, and open-air Stryker’s Poolside Sports Pub has caught the attention of a lot of people, as well.”
Westlake will offer new residents two apartment towers—The Vue and The Terrace. The Vue at Westlake will be 15 stories of light-filled room and enviable views with 1- and 2-bedroom floorplans, ranging from 1,231 to 2,259 square feet in size.
The Terrace is an 11-story boutique-style tower with a stunning rooftop terrace for residents and guests alike to enjoy. Floor plans at The Terrace offer 2 bedrooms measuring up to 1,845 square feet in size.
To learn more visit www.johnknoxvillage.com, www.JKVgrows.com or call (954) 871-2655.
Here Are Some Of JKV’s COVIDCareful Preventive Measures
- Screening and temperature taking at all entry gates
- Mandatory wearing of face coverings in all indoor common areas throughout the campus
- Communicating with residents and staff through COVID-related updates
- Requiring all staff attend educational sessions conducted by team and outside medical experts
- Providing residents with “virtual” informational, educational and entertaining programming in lieu of in-person activities
- Limiting in-person capacity for dining at its 3 venues, while also providing take-out and home delivery options
- Maintaining physical distancing mandates in the Village’s Auditorium, Party Rooms and Stryker’s Poolside Sports Pub
- Airing in-house produced educational videos
- Creating Myth vs. Facts and Frequently Asked Questions educational guides
- Videotaping resident and staff pro-vaccination testimonials